|Presented by JazzTimes and the Jazz Forward Coalition, the Jazz Connect Conference takes place on January 8-9, 2015 at Saint Peter’s Church in New York City. The conference brings together hundreds of members of the jazz community from all over the globe in a series of panels, workshops and events. With a theme of “Strength Through Community,” Jazz Connect leads into both the APAP|NYC conference, which begins on that Friday, and Winter Jazzfest, which takes place on Friday and Saturday nights.The special pre-registration rate of $125 for the Jazz Connect Conference has been extended to January 2, after which the rate for on-site registration goes up to $150. Additional discounts are available for members of various organizations, such as APAP, Chamber Music America, Jazz Journalists Association, JazzWeek, SESAC, Local 802, Jazzahead!, NARAS and several others. To register or receive more information, go to the Jazz Connect Conference website or email firstname.lastname@example.org Conference hotline is (617) 315-9158.Highlights of the conference include:
- Keynote address by Christian McBride, the bassist, bandleader and host of NPR’s Jazz Night in America
- Short “Stories of Inspiration” presentations by Fred Hersch, Somi, Francisco Mela and Michael Lazaroff of The Jazz Cruise
- Presentation of the Bruce Lundvall Visionary Award to SFJAZZ’s Randall Kline
- Ask The Experts networking session done in speed-dating style
- Panels on important and useful topics such as social media, DIY labels, radio airplay and promotion, building community relationships and others
- A track of sessions hosted by JazzWeek, geared to radio programming and promotion
- Sessions on the new trends in the music business hosted by the Future of Music Coalition and Music Business Association
- Hands-on workshops hosted by the Jazz Journalists Association, JazzWeek and Chamber Music America
- Moderators and panelists include a wide range of artists such as Ben Allison, Jason Moran, Kellylee Evans, Arturo O’Farrill, Willie Jones III, Greg Osby, Bob Belden, Mimi Jones, Nir Felder and Marc Ribot
- Among the organizations with speakers on the program are the NEA, Chamber Music America, Kennedy Center, Jazz at Lincoln Center, Jazz Journalists Association, JazzWeek,Berks Jazz Fest, Pittsburgh Jazzlive, Jazz St. Louis, DC Jazz Festival, SFJAZZ, London Jazz Festival, Tri-C Jazz, OKeh/Sony, International Music Network, New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival and many more
- Table-top displays from various jazz organizations
For the latest schedule of events, go to www.jazz-connect.com.
Register now and save up to $25 off the on-site registration.